looloosworld

looloosworld

субота, 10. јануар 2015.

Jonghyun ft. Iron - Crazy (Guilty Pleasure)

Where to start?
. . . 
I was very excited when SMEnt. announced Jonghyun's solo ablum release. Last year they gave that chance to another member of Shinee - we all remember how pleasantly surprised I was with Taemin's album - it's concept and, in general... content that has been delivered - great dance skills, wonderful - meaningful lyrics, catchy and groovy music... Taemin (FairyMan) wanted to show his other (manly) side to us... And if you ask me - He succeeded..... big time success!
That's the reason I believed Jonghyun's comeback will be really something - considering that: he's Shinee's gold vocal; he's older than Taemin; he's (musically) much more experienced; and he always tended  to be the sexiest Shinee's member.
To make a long story short - I expected more.



To be honest - I waited for this song to grew on me a little bit, cause...guys, my first impression was
and I just didn't wanted to bash Jonghyun(cuz I knew my feels gonna change eventually). The fact is that the (title) song is good - production wise( very very good- to be exact)... The thing is - I expected he'd focus more on his incredible vocal talent, rather than a sexy, seductive appearance... I wanted to hear Jonghyun - a great singer! All he gave us is shirtlessness, lip rubbing, sexy/charismatic gaze - and that's something we already know about him. I wanted mature singer content. Next Jonghyun's level, you know, overall.
Even the fact that he have Iron featuring in the title song (omg, you know how much I love and support Iron) wasn't enough for me to embrace this song...at first. Basically, I anticipated something fresh and new.


However... Today I played it few more times (just to be sure)...and magically, I started to kinda like it... Rather than a whole package, there are few things that I find interesting and cool. 
Firstly, collab between J. and Iron - unexpected... captivating tho.
Chorus is the liveliest  part of the song -I like the music and lyrics of it(nice instrument combo....and the first part is so Henry's 'Trap' alike - piano part - it has become a sample obv). It makes you kinda wake up, in case you fall asleep during the verses - cuz they are quite flat... His high notes make the song not so easy to sing along - but that's exactly why I love his voice and skills - unique shizzz, too bad he showed 40% of it...
The lyrics, on the other hand - very nice interpretation of a crazy/guilty pleasure feeling... Little repetitive, but nice(read here). 
And I can't help it, but hear -I'm SORRY to you- every time he sings -I'm so INTO you...don't know why...he's English, is actually, ok... 
The MV - good, but it could have been so much better.(that spider tho, expensive prop)
Iron's rap part/appearance - cute... At first -I was like -maybe I'm not satisfied with what I hear, but I'm definitely satisfied with what I see!!! Both of them are very attractive. 



I still have a feeling that something's missing in this song. Something is weak. Like nothing is in full power mode - music, vocal, even rap...it's simply leveled down.
But, like I said, I'm diggin it, because of the reasons. :)
Always supporting Shinee ('s members)!
I'm a big fan. 
Onew's post-surgery/recovery time is, probably, the reason why SM gave them opportunity to make/have solo albums/activities, but yeah... Until the Shinee's comeback - we're gonna enjoy members's solo performances.
This is different from what Shinee does musically, but it's a style that Jonghyun like, so yeah...it suits him, for sure.
I still like Taemin's 'Danger' more than 'Crazy'...Oops!

Enjoy life, Loolooboos!
Smile?
There you go...
xoxoxoxo

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар