looloosworld

looloosworld

уторак, 17. фебруар 2015.

BRASS SHAKING TIME!!! #kweek

If you are not all about that bass...Try to shake that brass! :)

This time around, SMEnt gave f(x)'s Amber a chance to show her different side with the solo album. 
It was about time to give this girl a 'spotlight' treatment. F(x) debuted back in 2009, and since - Amber was mysterious aura member in a group of 5 girls (4 of them were, let's say...girly girls, and Amber was(still is) tomboy girl who's in charge of rapping).
Other members have had their fair share of attention - variety shows, MC-ing, acting....everything basically... Amber, on the other side, remain mysterious and kinda not visible... until now ofc.
 Finally,  It's her time to shine!!!


First of all, I really like the fact that she started her solo album promotion with the song 'Beautiful'- the song that she wrote and composed. That's the real Amber. And I was impressed with her singing - she explained everything with those lines: "Imma just be me, only me.... I'm happy to be myself"... Being a tomboy Korean-American, raised in a different way, in a different culture must have been hard - she must have had hard times both in America, and Korea (dealing with the acceptance issues everywhere you go- it sucks! big time probably!). That's why I find this song/album even more meaningful, and I'm just happy for her.You go girl, break those prejudices!!!

Onto the BRASS shaking!
It's a title song, and I love it. We have 'Beautiful' that is serious, meaningful, sincere song, and then we have 'Shake that brass' that is the opposite - bright, positive, kinda 'let's have fun' song - these two songs shows perfectly what is Amber all about.

From the first sec of a song/video you know it's gonna be a crazy mashup of colors/instruments/samples/even vocals - from the cute intro (unpleasant orchestra rehearsal (btw, every member of that horrendous orchestra is Amber's celebrity friend, mostly musicians) to breaking songs into many different parts that come one after another out of nowhere. It's a little bit confusing, but it's fuuuuun! 

My favorite parts are brass parts ofc, chorus esp...and then: 'Na na na na na na naaaa' and 'Daradeedadumdumdum, daradeedadumdumdum...' hooks - I love those hooks so much, because they're so unexpected... Anyways, the song sounds like an cohesive unit, despite it's mashupness...
Interesting concept box - as sets, are SM's trademark. In this case, colorful as f is what they have opted for (except that white o.rehearsal room/box). 
Taeyeon's (GG) appearance, featuring kinda thing is a nice touch - another SM's skill - making company's colleagues helping each other. I like T's parts.
I'm not sure about a dance/choreo, cuz those parts are very short in the mv.
And when it comes to fashion/clothes/accessories - well, Amber's style... as expected.

So, a conclusion is: Amber knows hot to party, and she invites you all to do the same!(lyrics summed up)


____________________________________________________________________________

Shout out for Teen Top's NIEL solo release - Lovekiller


Can't decide - do I like the music more, or his unique voice, or interesting mv, or his passionate dance moves, or those nicely made coats he's wearing...? What do I like the most?. . . I guess, I like errting. (kinda reminds me of Shinee's Jonghyun and Taemin - the same level of captivating charm they have) :)



Enjoy life, Loolooboos!
SHAKE THAT BRASS, PEOPLE!!!
xoxoxoxox

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар